I have been trying to find the video clip from the movie Look Who's Talking Too, in which John Travolta and Kristie Alley sing "Pee Pee in the potty!" while dancing in a conga like fashion, but I can't find it... If I had a video camera rolling early last week at our house, it would have been a pretty close reenactment of that scene!
While at Barnes and Noble a few weeks ago I found (another!) potty book that I hoped would interest Grayson and encourage him to at least TRY using the potty. It was about a little boy named Michael, who is "just your age" and "wears diapers, just like you"! One day his mommy told him it was going to be a potty day... I'm sure you can imagine the rest of the story. Well, Grayson loved Michael, and agreed to a potty day the next day. Miraculously that first day we only had a couple of accidents and that night without the help of Luke or I, Grayson went over to his potty and did it all by himself! THANK YOU MICHAEL!! We are by no means "potty trained" but have had quite a few accident free days and are definitely headed down the right path. After doubting if Grayson would EVER be potty trained you can only imagine our version of the "Pee pee in the potty" song and dance!
In other good news...
Last week Olivia started to push her right knee out from behind her harness, which was a position that had me somewhat worried. I sent an email to the doctor this last weekend to ask about it. We were due for her big appointment next week, so I figured I would just get a reassuring response back saying it wasn't a big deal and we would address my concern at her appointment next week. On Monday morning the kids and I headed to the Science Center in downtown Des Moines to meet Liz and Easton for a fun filled day of science center fun! As we were literally walking in to the science center I got a phone call from our doctor's nurse saying that we could get in that afternoon to see the doctor if we could make it. Otherwise he was going out of town until our original appointment next week. Thankfully we hadn't paid our admission, so we ditched Liz and Easton (sorry again!) to head to Iowa City. On the way there I made some phone calls to see if I could get someone to go with me to the appointment since I had Grayson to wrestle with. (Luke was actually in town, but unable to rearrange his schedule on super short notice, so we were on our own.) Thankfully we have lots of family in the area to help us out. My cousins Em and Trish met us at the mall where we picked them up and took them with us to the appointment. They were WONDERFUL!! (THANKS again ladies!) It was so nice to not have to worry about Grayson! Long story short, they ended up doing her x-ray that showed much improvement from last time!! YAY!!! Improvement is measured in the number of degrees that her hips develop and this time there was a 14 degree improvement... much better than the practically immeasurable improvement of last time. We were prescribed 2 more months in her harness full time. At that point we can take it off and only wear it during sleep times, (naps and night night). Then after 2 more months (4 months from now) we go back for another x-ray to hopefully get more good news!! Yay for the light at the end of the tunnel!! After that whirlwind of a day we traveled the short distance to my brother's house to spend the night so we didn't have to make the 2 and 1/2 hour drive home after all that excitement. This weekend we are off to "Grandpa's House" as Grayson calls it, even though we've explained a million times that it's grandma's too! :)

We've been trying to get Olivia to eat solid food, but without a lot of luck. She either completely closes her mouth and turns away, or gags! However, she was all smiles when we pulled out the green beans! Yay for green beans!!
No comments:
Post a Comment