Thursday, August 9, 2012

I'm a Working Woman Now!!

Yay, for me!  I finally got a job!  Dallas Center-Grimes, thankfully, had a few too many third graders this year... enter ME!!  Yesterday I went to work in my classroom a bit, but today was my official first day.  As we were walking to the babysitter's door this morning, Grayson got stung by a wasp (3 times!!).  It stung him once, then he tried to whack it and it stung him again on his arm and the finger he was whacking it with!  Poor guy.  Needless to say... DRAMA!!  The bites swelled up pretty good, so I decided to take him to the dr. just to be on the safe side.  He turned out to be just fine, so we went to Panera Bread, got a cookie, and lunch for mommy, and headed back to the babysitter.  I ended up 2 1/2 hours late for work.  When I went to apologize to my principal, she said, "Family first, always."  I think I'm going to like my new job just fine.  I have met the other 3rd grade teacher who I will be working with, and she is AWESOME! I have seriously been sooooo blessed to have such great "partners" wherever I go... THANKS Becky and Christina! :) 

On another note... I found this picture on Pinterest and thought, man that would look great in my new house (of course, with MY last name lol)...



INSTEAD, this is my house...

Where the deer and the antelope, and black bear... hang.

1 comment:

  1. bah ha ha - love it!You could name the bear and put it next to it :)

    ReplyDelete