Grayson and Olivia were both asleep before we even got out of town!
Relaxing on the bean bags after a big day of playing!
I tried to get a good picture of the T-Rex along interstate 80, but it was tough to get a good drive by shot! There is a dinosaur museum near Lincoln that we plan to go back and visit very soon!
Yesterday, Olivia had her 6 month dr. appointment so today is post vacation organization day... lots of laundry! Olivia weighed in at 15 pounds 8 oz which is in the 39 percentile for her age... Grayson never got out of the 25%... Luke says Olivia is well on her way to being the 6 foot 1, 235 pound girl version of her father... poor thing, I hope not. We continue to forgo a height/length measurement since that means straightening out her legs, which is not allowed while she is still wearing her harness for her hips. We go back to her orthopedic doctor in August, so hopefully we'll get a good report. In the meantime, she is a typical 6 month old... we are trying solid food, cereal... etc. however, she still does not OPEN her mouth, she likes to just kind of lick the spoon... a little frustrating, but I suppose she'll start eating when she wants to. She is obviously getting plenty without the solid food as she is quite the chunky monkey. :-) Grayson got to go play with his friend Easton while I took Olivia to the doctor. The last time I took them both, Olivia was crying after her shots and Grayson was crying just because he's 2 and decided that would be a good time to want some of my attention, which wasn't fair to poor Olivia (who actually had a good reason to cry!) Long story short... I found somewhere else for Grayson to go during the appointment! Thanks Liz!
This weekend we are STAYING HOME!! However, it sounds like my parents and even Holly and Tate might be coming for a visit! Yay for living in Iowa!! We LOVE having guests... so if you're ever near Des Moines... stop in!
Random "after bath" pic I took last night. It's amazing we are both smiling after the "lets get in the bath" meltdowns that occurred just minutes before, by BOTH children... while daddy was NOT home!! After tonight's bedtime routine I was very happy to sit down, relax, and catch up with the DVR!
Louise says: Reminds me of the time I took two for their Kindergarten check-up and shots by myself. Both crying even before the shots. Em screaming at me not to let them hurt Tricia and Tricia screaming not to get a shot. Traumatic!
ReplyDelete