Last Tuesday I took a sick little Grayson to the doctor. He had a stuffed up nose and a cough. He definitely wasn’t himself. I figured he probably just had a cold, but we went to get checked out just in case. Good thing we did! He tested positive for RSV. We caught it very early, however, and got sent home with some Singulair to help keep his airways from getting too inflamed. By Thursday evening I thought we might be getting better, but we ended up at the doctor again on Friday, this time with an ear infection! We got some antibiotic for that, and by Saturday morning Grayson was back to being Grayson again. Except for his poor little nose and still a little bit of a cough I would say he is LOTS!! better! Luke and I took turns staying home with him this last week and are glad to have our boy back. It was so sad to see him so sick. I am just glad that we got through the RSV without a nebulizer (at least for now, I guess). By Saturday, when Grayson was starting to feel better, I was starting to feel worse. I must have caught his cold… I suppose the lack of sleep, from constantly getting up to make sure Grayson was still breathing, didn’t help my immune system much.
This week Grayson got a package from Aunt Theresa the Great. He got some awesome presents, including a beautiful quilt, some fun songs and his favorite, a stuffed moose and the book If You Give A Moose A Muffin. Daddy had a good time reading Grayson the book! Both Daddy and Grayson like to play with “Moo-Moo” the Moose on a regular basis. The moose is almost the size of Grayson, but it makes Grayson giggle like crazy!! What a great week to get such a wonderful package! Thanks Aunt Theresa the Great!!
We got a big snow storm here in Virginia this weekend that delivered to us about a foot of snow! It’s just so crazy that Virginia doesn’t usually get this kind of weather, but since we moved out here there have been 3 huge snow-storms!! I guess God didn’t want us to feel too homesick so He thought He’d give us some Midwest weather to make us feel at home. Luckily, we don’t have school tomorrow, so I get to spend the day with my baby!!! (…and try to finish disinfecting the house!)

Playing with Moo-Moo.

Reading with Daddy.
I'm so glad Grayson is feeling better! He and daddy reading is so cute...I hope mommy is feeling better too. If it makes you feel better, I have felt kind of poopy this weekend too. Not sure what's going around, but I'm thankful for this snow day!
ReplyDeleteDear Baby Nims a.k.a. Grayson,
ReplyDeleteYour mom is the smartest mom ever. I promise to only write nice things, like.. Grayson is so cute and smart.
Libby
P.S. 2 hour delay tomorrow...ha, ha, ha!!!